Why Potatos Are Good To Eat
• Contrary to popular belief it would be hard to get fat on potatoes because we so filling that you’d feel full long before you’d eaten enough of us to make you fat. It’s only when we’re made into chips, fries or crisps, or served with sour cream, butter or margarine that we become potentially fattening.
• We’re a good reliable source of vitamin C
• We’re also a source of potassium and dietary fibre and we supply niacin (vitamin B3) .
• Our starchy carbohydrates give you energy for physical activity and we’re especially handy if you want some quick glucose for playing sport or doing any strenuous physical activity.
• We have virtually no fat of our own and 100g has 250-280kJ.