Did you know?
• We’re 96% water
• We age faster when stored for any length of time with tomatoes, melons or apples, and at temperatures over 50 degrees
• We’re a great food for travellers in the desert. The cucumber’s smooth skin keeps the water in like a jug
• Our flavour is in our seeds. Medium sized cucumbers with soft small seeds have better flavour
• Botanically we’re classed as fruit
• We’re one of the oldest vegetables, cultivated for thousands of years in India and parts of Asia. Some people believed that we were poisonous and they used to scrape our skin with a fork to let the poisons out! Of course, we’re not poisonous.