Supplied by one of the most progressive seafood companies in Australia.
Kinkawooka Seafood is a South Australian family business leading their field.
Their mussels are scrubbed clean and packed in a 1kg bag that has been injected with brine. The mussels are kept closed, in effectively, clean sea water. This tricks them into thinking they are still at pressure under the sea & keeps them alive.
You can not get them fresher anywhere else in the world..... They are still alive when you get them.
Heres my favourite Recipe.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 as a starter or 2 - 3 as a main courseIngredients
1 bag Kinkawooka Boston Bay Pot Ready Mussels
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 red onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
200ml white wine
1 x 700g jar tomato passata or 2 x 400g tins tomatoes
1 handful fresh basil leavesMethod
1. Heat olive oil in a large deep pan with a tight
2. Add the onions and garlic cook for 4 minutes or until the onions are translucent and soft.
3. Add the wine, followed by the tomatoes and return to the boil.
4. Open the bag of Kinkawooka Boston Bay Pot Ready Mussels and pour into the boiling sauce, quickly replace the lid to allow the mussels to steam. Cook for 3 minutes shaking the pan occasionally (do not remove the lid).
5. Using a slotted spoon remove the cooked mussels to the serving bowl, tear the basil leaves into the sauce and pour over the mussels. Serve with Italian style crusty bread and a rocket salad