Bug Tails (1kg Bag)
Uncooked Bug Tails in the shell. Individually frozen in a 1kg bag.
These are a real delicacy.
- After thawing, turn the shell upside down and with a sharp pair of scissors cut along the edge of the undercarriage to expose the flesh.
- Remove the undercarriage and loosen the meat but leave it in the shell.
- Make a mixture of butter, fresh torn basil and grand marnier.
- Brush the meat with some of the mixture and grill the tails on the char grill side of your bbq meat side down for a minute of two, just to get some colour on the meat.
- Turn the bug tails over shell side down, with the meat facing up and place a nob of the butter mix on top of each one.
- It will melt into the shell as the tail cooks. Try and keep as much of the sauce in the shell as possible.
- Once cooked let cool slightly then serve warm with the juice.